Wednesday 26 March 2008

Early Mornings!


The holidays have begun. I had planned to do a lot of things during these holidays, while the exams were going on and one of those in list was the morning walk.

The main two things that I did during exam days were to read and to eat. The guests who came to my place had started ranting surprising statements like “You have put on weight!” and “Your cheeks have become chubbier than before!”


But, when the time came to put my plans into action, I was lying on my bed like a dead duck. Menon uncle and dad regularly go for their morning walk since past few months and I thought its better to have some company rather than walking alone.I thought when I became familiar with the habit; I would make my own route and go alone every morning.


According to my calculations, I had expected the walk to be a nice, calm and healthy experience, as the company was mature and sensible, until I realized these guys were even worse than women and kids. Uncle and dad stopped at a couple of places to call up the other members of their group of walkers. There was hardly any topic which they did not talk about. They hit silly jokes at each other and teased one another like little kids do. They burst out laughing on some silly jokes which resulted into half of the people in the park deciding to head towards home. Kids refused to come to the park due to the laughing impact.

Next day, I told dad to carry on with his gang while I would choose some other place where they would not get disturbed by me!

It was too early when I left home and the sky was almost dark with a bluish shade. The stars were still blinking and the lamp posts on streets were still on. It was a splendid view. The only ones I could see at that moment were some newspaper boys, milk men on cycles and some street dogs. The atmosphere was very pleasant. Fresh breeze blew through the hair, the chirping, twittering birds, grazing cows and the dim lit place would leave one to wish as if the whole day would remain in the same way, like a beautiful portrait.


This time I chose another park near my house. I saw a few people who were practicing Yoga. I sat beside them and tried to do what they did. They took deep breaths and as I observed and copied them, I felt this soothing effect from my nostrils, to my lungs, chest down till my stomach.

As some time went by, I saw some people entering the park. Amongst them were little kids who had come to play. They played badminton, some threw flying dish at each other, some played on the swings and slides and some were busy with the couple of dogs which roamed around in there.


When I passed by them, I saw that these kids had even given names to those dogs! The dogs, namely; Jimmy and Buzo behaved as if they were their pets.

There were a group of old men who made a private group on the benches to discus about world politics, sports, entertainment, history and much more. Not to forget, there were a few beautiful girls busy with their exercise and some young boys to stare at them.


Walking and jogging is in fact a really satisfying work out for lazy bones like mine. Though I have a habit of rising early, I did not have a habit of doing any physical exercise. The morning walk is indeed a very nice experience with such an amazing climate for company.

Though, still many of us would prefer the cozy bed and the warm blanket! ;)


5 comments:

Gone Case said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Sukalyan said...

I don't remember when was the last time I woke up before sunrise!

But if girls are there, who knows, I might!

Unknown said...

Thanks to share ur wonderful experience..... morning walk is d simplest way to stay healthy.

The wintry air in the morning along wid d fresh and crispy greenery are excellent stress busters.

Unknown said...

well i had to walk a couple of kilometers to reach my coaching class at 5 in the morning, back when i was preparing for JEE. Absolutely hated them.

Those daily walks made sure i would never again go for a morning walk!

anshul said...

nice



khade khade